Last Updated: August 12, 2023
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy. If we make material changes, we will provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to the Services or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The categories of personal information we collect and the sources from which we collect it depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US
We collect personal information directly from you, including when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
- Place an order from our website;
- Make a purchase at one of our stores;
- Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase;
- Inquire about our products or services;
- Contact us to request assistance or provide feedback, including communication with customer service;
- Interact with our store associates, such as through in-store stylist appointments;
- Create an online account and profile;
- Subscribe to receive our emails or text messages;
- Use our mobile app;
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- Submit a product review;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event; and
- Interact with us on social media, including by posting content and tagging us.
The types of personal information we collect directly from you may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, birthday, marketing and communications preferences, product and style preferences, size information, account information (such as account password and promo award cards), government-issued ID, information provided in your product reviews (such as username, photos, city, state, age range, height, and body type), and any other information you choose to provide.
If you make a purchase from us, we work with third-party payment processors and financing partners to collect and process your payment information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our Services or shop in our stores, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access and use our Services, including device information, such as your browser type, hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and language settings. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as items placed in your shopping cart, your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services.
- Transaction Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about your transactions, including records of products or services you purchased, returned, or are considering purchasing from us, the purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Video, Images, Audio and Chat: We collect video recordings and photographs in our stores for security, fraud, and loss prevention purposes, and we may record calls you place to customer service. If you contact customer service through our chat feature, we may monitor and retain the chat conversation, including for training purposes. Please do not use the chat feature or participate in calls with us if you do not consent to our monitoring and retention of chat conversations and calls with you.
- Precise Geolocation Information: If you use our mobile app, with your consent, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the "Your Privacy Choices" section below for details).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from:
- Other companies if we offer joint promotions and marketing campaigns;
- Other customers who provide information about you, such as to send you a gift or sign up for a refer-a-friend program;
- Providers of rewards programs;
- Order processing partners, such as fraud prevention partners, shipping partners, and fulfillment partners; and
- Marketing and advertising companies, data co-ops, mailing list providers, and market research companies.
The types of personal information we collect from other sources may include name, email address, mailing address, demographic information (such as your age range), product preferences, and product purchases.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer your approximate location based on your IP address or that you are interested in purchasing certain products based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services. We also use personal information to:
- Communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, and other information offered by Lilly Pulitzer and others that we think will interest you, unless you have opted out of such communications (see "Opting Out of Marketing Communications" for more information);
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Administer and fulfill our contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions and deliver rewards;
- Identify, report, and repair errors that impair the functionality of our Services;
- Analyze trends and statistics, learn more about your shopping preferences and your interaction with our Services, and improve your shopping experience;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites unless you have opted out (see the "Targeted Advertising and Anayltics" for more information); and
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
In addition, some of our advertising partners enable us to translate your email address or phone number into an identifier that can’t be used to identify you personally. Our advertising partners then use that unique identifier to show ads that are more relevant to you across the web and in mobile apps.
Some of the activities described in this section may constitute “targeted advertising,” “sharing,” or “selling” under certain state privacy laws. See "Additional Information for Specific Jurisdictions” for more information and the privacy rights available to residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah.
You can also learn more about interest-based ads and opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, we may disclose the personal information we collect about you. We disclose the categories of personal information described in "Collection of Personal Information" above in the following ways:
- Corporate Affiliates. We may disclose personal information to our holding company, subsidiaries, and corporate affiliates for the purposes described in the "Use of Personal Information" section above.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We make personal information available to our vendors, service providers, and contractors who perform services on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, fraud prevention, customer service, surveys, payment processing, analytics, and marketing and advertising.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes or to expand the reach and effectiveness of our own marketing campaigns.
- Corporate Transactions. Personal information may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization, or financing involving Lilly Pulitzer.
- Professional Advisors. We disclose personal information to our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of Lilly Pulitzer’s business or operations.
- Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We may disclose personal information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lilly Pulitzer or others.
- Consent. We make personal information available to third parties when we have your consent, or you intentionally direct us, to do so. For example, if you decide to submit a product review, you direct us to post the personal information you provide publicly.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Lilly Pulitzer processes, maintains, and uses this information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify such information, except as permitted by law.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICESUpdating Your Account Information
You can review and modify your online account information at any time by logging in and updating your marketing preferences in the main page titled "My Account." You can also update your account information by calling customer service at 1.888.725.4559.Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If you would like to stop receiving promotional emails or text messages from us, please unsubscribe by following the instructions in those communications or log in to your account to manage your subscriptions. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
When you first launch any of our mobile app, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of precise geolocation information. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You can also update your location settings by switching off location services in your account settings.Mobile Push Notifications
With your permission, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these notifications at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SPECIFIC JURISDICTIONS
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia have enacted consumer privacy laws that grant their residents certain rights and require additional disclosures (“State Laws”). If you are a resident of one of these states, this section applies to you.Additional Disclosures
Our Policy explains how we collect, use, and disclose information about you, as well as our targeted advertising and analytics practices. As required by certain State Laws, below we use two different tables to explain this same information, including the categories of personal information we collect (and have collected over the preceding 12 months), the types of entities to which we disclose such information, and the ways we use each category of information.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients||Use of Personal Information|
|Identifiers||Advertising and marketing partners, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, event partners, fraud prevention partners||
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law||Advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers|
|Commercial information||Advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners, event partners, fraud prevention partners|
|Internet and electronic network activity information||Advertising and marketing partners, Internet service providers, data analytics partners, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners|
|Geolocation data, including precise geolocation information||Cloud service providers|
|Audio and visual information||Fraud prevention partners, customer support partners|
|Inferences||Advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers|
We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for the purpose of engaging in targeted advertising and other marketing activities, including to expand the reach and effectiveness of our own marketing campaigns and for the third parties’ own marketing purposes. These disclosures may be considered “sales” or “sharing” or use of personal information for “targeted advertising” under certain State Laws.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Data co-ops and advertising and marketing networks|
|Commercial information||Advertising and marketing networks|
|Internet and electronic network activity information||Advertising and marketing networks|
We collect personal information directly from you (for example, when you place an order from our website or make a purchase at one of our stores), automatically when you access or use our Services or shop in our stores, and from third-party sources such as joint marketing partners, each described in more detail in the "Collection of Personal Information" section above.
We do not knowingly collect, sell, or share personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
We generally do not collect information that is considered “sensitive” under State Laws. In the limited circumstances that we do, such as collection of your account username and password or your government-issued ID when you make a return, which are designated as “sensitive” under the California Consumer Privacy Act, we do not use or disclose such sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other purposes described in this Policy.Privacy Rights Opt Out of Sales, Sharing, Targeted Advertising
Some of the activities described in the "Targeted Advertising and Analytics" section above may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or use of your information for “targeted adverting” under the law that applies to you. You may opt out of these activities by following the prompts or, if you are a resident of California or Colorado, by visiting our Services with a legally-recognized opt-out preference signal enabled, such as the Global Privacy Control.
In addition, we disclose your information to other entities for marketing purposes as described in "Disclosures of Personal Information” above. Such disclosures may constitute “sales” of your personal information under the State laws, and you may opt out of such activities by following the instructions .Access, Correction, and Deletion
You have the right to (1) request to know more about and access your personal information, including in a portable format, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information. To request access, deletion, or correction of your personal information, please fill out our . You may also call 1.888.725.4559 to submit a request. Once we receive the request, we will validate the information that you provide and send a message to the email address you provided in the request. Please follow the instructions in that email to verify your email address and/or provide any additional information that may be needed to process your request.Nondiscrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exerciseing your privacy rights.Appeals
If we deny your request, you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us at privacy@LillyPulitzer.com. If you have concerns about the result of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.Authorized Agents
If you are from California, Colorado, or Connecticut and submit a rights request via an authorized agent, we may ask your authorized agent to submit proof of their authorization to make the request, such as a valid power of attorney or proof that the agent has signed permission from you to make the request. In some cases, we may also contact you to verify your identity or confirm you have authorized the request.Notice of Financial Incentives
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who join membership rewards or loyalty programs or sign up to receive our marketing emails or text messages. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your email address or phone number), commercial information (like your purchase preferences and interests or purchase history), inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. We share this information with our cloud service providers and marketing and advertising partners. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided. If you later decide to opt out, you may do so at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in the applicable program’s terms and conditions, promotional emails, text messages, or contacting us. If you request that we delete any of your personal information that is essential to providing you with the financial incentive or other loyalty program, we will not be able to provide you with the benefits of that program (e.g., if you ask us to delete your email address, we will no longer be able to provide you with early access to sales or other benefits via email). In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.Shine the Light Law - California Residents Only
California's "Shine the Light" law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such disclosures. We have such a policy. If you want to opt out of these disclosures of your information please submit your request .
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information practices, please contact us at:
Attn: Guest Services
800 3rd Avenue
King of Prussia, PA 19406
We're here to help if you have any questions or need assistance with your account
Customer Service Hours:
Monday – Friday, 9AM to 5PM ET
Saturday, 9AM to 2PM ET